Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Meet Milo! A lovable 11 yr old red Dachshund available for adoption through CCDR


Meet Milo!   On Sunday, we were the last in the transport leg for two senior Dachshunds who were brought into the rescue (from a divorced home). Now you can "Meet" them- through this biography, photos and video I put together to help get them adopted.

Milo is a lovable (and overweight), red long-haired dachshund. He will be adoptable thru c2cdr.org. he's on line now.  
 

MEET MILO

Hi I'm Milo!  I'm a senior male dog with a super-sweet personality. I'm a very docile red long-haired (mostly my tail) dachshund registered with the American Canine Association. I LOVE to take life easy. Life is a gift, and I'm a mellow guy. In fact, I'm cuddler and will come up to you and sit on your lap if you're sitting on the floor.

Sadly, I'm a victim of a divorce (like my brother Max, an 11 year old black and tan doxie also up for adoption) where my human parents split and I was placed in a foster home.

I really need to be in a home with another dog. I grew up with Max and am not happy unless I have another dog around.

I LOVE food. I confess I've eaten some of my brother's food, so I'm about 24 pounds. I need to lose weight and working on it. I'm neutered, heartworm negative and up to date on all vaccinations through March 2016! My teeth are in good shape and I'm healthy except for the weight thing, but we all like treats. I take heartworm and flea preventative on the 21st of each month.
 
I'm a happy guy who loves slow walks!
I normally eat twice a day, around 7 am and 6 p.m. Before bedtime, if you get out a milk bone I will stop whatever he's doing to jump into my bed. Then, if you partially cover the crate with a blanket, it makes me feel secure so I can sleep through the night.  

I don't mind taking a bath, and getting my nails trimmed is no big deal (although a lot of dachshunds don't like it). That's how easy going I am! 

I came into the rescue on Aug. 2, 2015 with my 11 year old brother Max (and we grew up together, so if you're looking for a pair of sweet seniors, we would love to be adopted together).

Milo is adoptable at Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue for an adoption fee of $150. For information go to: c2cdr.org. The adoption fee helps reimburse the rescue for all the up-front medical costs, vaccines, spay/neutering, etc. that are done to get dogs healthy and adoption ready. Contact April at aprilmlindsey@yahoo.com Coast-to-Coast Dachshund Rescue (www.c2cdr.org), Maryland Representative

  

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy