Sunday, August 16, 2015

Great book: GRIMM (from the TV show) "Icy Touch"

I (Rob) being the avid reader (I read about a book every 2 weeks if you couldn't tell from all my blog reviews here!) recently decided to take a chance on a paperback novel about the NBC TV series "GRIMM." I just finished reading "GRIMM: The Icy Touch" by John Shirley.
  For those who don't know the TV series, Nick is a Police Officer in Portland, Oregon and a "Grimm," - i.e. a human who can see beasts noted in "Grimm brothers fairy tales" that actually walk the Earth -in human form, but can transform into "beasts" of different nature. (Some are wolves, beavers, reptiles, birds, ogres, trolls, etc.) . His job allows him and and his partner Hank Griffin to respond to weird murder cases (that always involve these beasts -known as Wesen).
  I didn't know what to expect from the book, since Tom and I have only really been watching the TV show for the last year or two (Its been on for several seasons)... but THE BOOK WAS GREAT!  
   In fact, it was fast paced, and kept me wanting to read more. I actually finished it in a little over a week.
If you know the TV show, READ IT!! If you don't know the TV show, but like some science fiction/police stories, READ IT! 
- Rob

SUMMARY: Back in the 19th century a Wesen and a Grimm fight to the death. The Grimm wins, but the Wesen’s son escapes and vows revenge. In the present day, Captain Renard sends Nick and Hank to investigate an international crime cartel named Le Touche Givre (The Icy Touch). They discover this deadly gang is run by Wesen, and is involved in various illegal activities, including forced prostitution and drug pushing. As they close in on the gang, Nick begins to realise that their charismatic and dangerous leader is just as intent on tracking him down…

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy