Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Another Great Mystery: Murder She Wrote: Domestic Malice

Being a mystery lover, I (Rob) can honestly say that I have enjoyed every single book in the Murder She Wrote series of mysteries. That's 38 GREAT mysteries. "DOMESTIC MALICE" was yet another.
    I read some of the other reviews, and don't understand the people who didn't enjoy it. Of course it has a "dark theme" because it's about domestic violence... and it's a serious topic that was refreshing in a mystery because it's a serious problem that people constantly hide from. Although I've never experienced it, I know enough about it to understand the story perfectly. The characters were very clear as always. As I read it, I learned to despise the abused victim's mother. The family dynamics and characters made for an interesting story. This is anoth
   I finished the book in 4 days, and given all the blogging, dogging, book promoting and everything else, that's amazing. It was THAT good. In fact, all of the books in the series are that good.  Just get them, read them and re-read them. I've kept all the paperbacks in the series to re-read them. They're written by Donald Bain and Jessica Fletcher (the author goes under the two names so people will know the book's main character).
er great read.

Here's a book summary from Amazon.


Jessica is volunteering at the Cabot Cove women’s shelter when a woman walks in bruised physically and mentally. Her husband is a well-respected businessman in town. Could this paragon of virtue be abusing his wife?

Despite Jessica’s support and advice, the woman refuses to stay at the shelter, press charges, or even report the abuse. But a few days later the entire town is shocked to hear that domestic abuse has turned to murder.

Investigating the crime, Jessica soon discovers that the woman’s family has secrets and lies that go beyond domestic violence—and that the real killer may be hiding behind a wall of silence that could send the wrong person to prison....

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy