Friday, October 24, 2014

Brief Visit to Glens Falls, NY!

Two weeks ago, I (Rob) traveled to upstate New York to do a fundraiser for the Adirondack Save a Stray rescue and talk about how pets communicate from the afterlife. I flew in on the afternoon of the event, and the next morning on the way back to the airport, explored the small town of Glens Falls. Here are some pictures and history.
   The fall colors were already in full force the first weekend of October when I was there, so it was nice to drive up the highway.

Sidewalk view of downtown Glens Falls
THE GREY GHOST- That's a nickname for Weimaraners, like our dog Dolly, and there was a bicycle shop by that name so I had to get a picture of it!  I got the feeling that our late dog Buzz was also a Weimaraner (he passed in 2005),  led me there to let me know he's still with me! 


I think Buzz's spirit led me here.


WHAT IS GLENS FALLS?  A small town, about 45 minutes north of Albany, New York. The population was 14,700 at the 2010 census. The name was given by Colonel Johannes Glen, the falls referring to a large waterfall in the Hudson River at the southern end of the city.[4] Glens Falls is a city located in the southeast corner of Warren County, surrounded by the town of Queensbury to the north, east, and west, and by the Hudson River and Saratoga County to the south. Glens Falls is known as "Hometown U.S.A.", a title given to it by Look Magazine in 1944. The city has also referred to itself as the "Empire City.


travelers Bldg where I gave my talk


Another picture of downtown

Glens Falls is full of things to do for you and your family. It's a small but sophisticated little city with a variety of museums, festivals, theater, recreational activities, concerts, as well as great shopping and restaurants for all tastes and budgets. Charming architecture with friendly people make Glens Falls a “must visit” when touring upstate New York.... For a listing of what to do there, visit: http://visit.cityofglensfalls.com/.

NEXT: SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy