Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Foster Dog Switch: Our foster: 12 yr. old Mack -Needs a Home!

Those of you who read our blog often read yesterday that we took in a foster dog named Heath (Dachshund) who was supposed to go to our friend April to foster. Because April had Mack (a 12 yr old black and tan mini-doxie) we opted to take Heath. Over the weekend, we realized something serious. Heath does NOT like men. In fact, he's afraid of men (which suggests to me that he was abused by one). He would look at us and shake, even if we were feeding him, or giving him treats. He was petrified. He was so scared that he had diarrhea several times on blankets, beds, etc... so it was a real challenge. - Rob took him to the vet Monday night and he was tested for many things. He is only suffering from anxiety and fear of men, causing him to defecate over everything. Not a good story in a house with ONLY 2 men. 
  So, April agreed to take him after all, and we took Mack, whom we brought to her almost 2 months ago.
**We are so angry with people who abuse animals. **
     SO, we have 4 kids in the house again!

Meet Mack - Such a sweet little boy needing a home
Who is Mack?  On Sept. 1, we did a dog rescue transport for Coast-to-Coast Dachshund Rescue and brought 12 year old Mack, a mini, black and tan dachshund to our friend April to foster.  
   We kept him overnight and he was AWESOME. He is housetrained, sweet, and gets along with other dogs (although Tyler learned not to steal his toy!) he's peaceful, calm and lovable. I wrote a profile from him and we took pictures and I made a video for the rescue. 

Tom and Mack

MEET MACK THE SWEETEST DACHSHUND IN THE WORLD 

Rob and Mack
Hi - My name is Mack. I am a very calm, obedient, housebroken, quiet, black and tan mini dachshund who needs a loving forever home. My parents just went through a divorce and my dad cried when he called the rescue because he couldn't keep me. My doggy-brother went to a different home and I was so upset I threw up when I saw him go. It was heartbreaking. Please love me. I'm less than 10 pounds of pure love.
Mack is a tiny little guy
      I get along well with other dogs, and during my overnight at a foster home, played with another little dachshund. I love my bed and blankets, and go to bed and sleep through the night. I don't make a fuss, don't cry and won't keep you up at night. My previous daddy even let me sleep in his bed. I'm really quiet. I also like sleeping in the sunshine when it comes through the window and shines on the carpet.
Mack cuddled with Dolly 
I know commands, and love to go out in a fenced backyard. I prefer that to walking on a leash (and please don't use a retractable leash, it can be dangerous to me and other doggies). I AM Housebroken! 
    I love toys and take the squeaker out in 5 minutes. I love baskets of toys and play with them all.
I'm in good health. I had some teeth removed, so I like wet food and softer treats. I'm microchipped, so the address needs to be changed when I get to my forever home.
    My name went from Buddy to Ziggy to Mack, and I've had really bad luck with humans who fall in love with me and can't keep me because of their own social situations (no fault of mine).  I don't know why humans can't stay together and be a family, and I just want to live out my years and give all my love and be loved.
All I want is to be loved.
12 year old Mack is adoptable at coast to coast Dachshund rescue. For information go to: c2cdr.org .  
Contact Rgutro@gmail.com

**NEW OCT. 28th VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MxS88T-S_c 


Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy