Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rob Went to the Doctor (again)!

I went to the doctor yesterday, after reaching week #3 of coughing. The bronchitis is still there, and after a lung function test I learned I have a mild pulmonary obstruction... i.e. there's crap in my airways. So, armed with new medications, I've got steroids to clear 'em, Symbicort (for asthma to open airways); an antibiotic in case what clears is indeed infected, Mucinex, Nasonex for sinuses, Sudafed PE, AND I had to get Zyrtec for allergies. I think I'm keeping CVS in business when the economy is bad. Anyway, the doc wants to see me in 8-10 days, and thinks I should be able to put all the meds (except the allergy ones) away after that. We'll see.
Last night was the FIRST NIGHT in 3 weeks that I actually slept through the night without coughing. Seems the Symbicort and steroids are already working. This is very encouraging.
- The only side note is that from all the coughing yesterday, my temporary tooth filling came out, so it's back to the dentist today. Boy, March is just filled with little physical irritations. I'm SURE that April will be a healthy month (ever the optimist, I am).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy