Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Green on St. Patrick's Day

Despite being 1/2 Irish (my dad's side) I've never really celebrated St. Patrick's Day, other than wearing green. That is, if someone tells me something is green, because I'm color-blind with greens, browns, greys and reds. I'm working from home today and wearing a green Superman shirt. That, and my complexion is GREEN from constantly coughing from this darned bronchitis that won't go away (Week #3).
Just so you know, Saint Patrick's Day is an annual feast day which celebrates Saint Patrick (circa AD 385–461), one of the patron saints of Ireland. He drove the snakes from Ireland - If only he was still around, he could drive them from WALL STREET, too!
Of course, nowadays, I think "trolls" are the modern day Leprechauns. After all, they love green. Trolls are people that we think are just nasty to others, and selfish (you'll always run into one somewhere). So, if you see a person wearing green outside of St. Patrick's Day, it could be a troll! That's when you wear one of these buttons. (there are of course, the rare "happy trolls.") OKAY, so Sudafed PE, Robitussin with Codeine, Mucinex, Albuterol and Nasonex are all getting to me. :) Thankfully, I've got a doctor's appt. today.
Happy St. Patrick's Day... even to the trolls and leprechauns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy