Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mom's Visit: Day 4

Friday was my mother's last day in Maryland before she headed back to Boston. On Thursday night, my younger brother Doug (who flew to DC with my mother) joined us after his week of meetings. Friday was the best weather day, with temperatures reaching 63 (not the 40s), but Mom and Doug didn't get to experience them, as they flew out at 1:30pm. They just spent the morning at the house before I had to drive them to Reagan National Airport in DC. There really weren't any photos from Day #4, but here are other pictures from the previous days that weren't posted.

(PHOTO: Mom pointing at the model of NASA's Hubble Space Telescope at NASA Goddard- during her Day #2 visit)

(PHOTO: Day #4 with Mom, Rob's brother Doug stopped to pose with Dolly and Franklin)

(PHOTO: On Day #3 at night, while sitting in the living room of our house, Franklin jumped up Tom's lap and gave him a smooch, while Rob's brother Doug looks on)

(PHOTO: Cooper before I took him back to the animal hospital on Friday (Day #4) in the early morning, so he could have surgery on his gums. His gum around one of his pulled teeth didn't close, so he needed surgery. I drove to Baltimore in the early morning and dropped him off, then drove my mom and brother to Reagan National Airport, then drove back to Baltimore to pick up Cooper after his surgery - LOTS OF DRIVING on Friday for Rob).

(PHOTO: On Day #3 at night, my mother actually convinced Tom to play the piano for her. I've been trying to get him to play for years... he's shy. He used to play in churches, but doesn't like playing for people any more. My mother, however, doesn't take "NO" for an answer, as Tom learned. Yes, he played several songs for her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy