Saturday, March 7, 2009

A 75 Degree Gift / Closer to Normal!


After a week of battling the flu and an upper respiratory infection today was a breakthrough day. Last night, I awoke 4 times and had to change my tee-shirt, which I sweated through (all 4 of them). That was my indication that my body was healing - and it was. By late morning, I had finally stopped coughing all the time, and had more energy than yesterday (I worked 7 hours from home yesterday). I'm still chock-full of penicillin, robitussin, sudafed PE and mucinex, but it's a vast improvement!
Today's Gift of 75 Degrees Fahrenheit helped a great deal, too. Even though I finally went out for the first time in a week (to Home Depot and CVS with Tom), I did need a nap. However, Tom took advantage of the weather, as he's been working on his outside "TO DO LIST" since November (when it turned cold). My contribution was laundry, making lunch and walking the dogs. Tom put edging on two garden beds, transplanted several plants, put down fertilizer and grass seed. I swear he loves mud. Here are some pictures from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy