Friday, March 6, 2009

The Kind of Flu That Knocks You Down

Several of you have been asking what my flu symptoms are, so you can see if you have the same flu. Like Tom's experience it starts with a tickle in the back of your throat, then headaches and body aches. Then your strength is sapped. I mean REALLY sapped. For the last 4 days while home sick, I had no interest in TV, Radio, or reading novels or comic books. That's serious.
Fortunately, Tom didn't develop an upper respiratory infection, which is why he went back to work on day #4. Unfortunately, I did. I've been trying to rid myself of "kryptonite" colored stuff from my chest for the last 4 days.
I'm working from home today, day #6, and chock full of penicillin, Robitussin, sudafed PE, Ibuprofen, and vitamins. I've likely brought the regional reservoir down by a foot with all the water I've drank.
I've not experienced anything like this in decades. I'm so grateful that Tom and I have each other during sickness and health and we have three doggies around us to hug when we're not feeling well. Oh, and ALL WEEK, all three dogs followed me everywhere and Dolly and Franklin cuddled with me on the bed. I didn't want to teach our foster-dog, Cooper any "bad habits" so he stayed on his bed beside ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy