Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mom's Visit: Day 1

I drove Mom to Washington, DC today to see the Cherry Blossoms around the Tidal Basin, and they weren't quite totally out yet but still pretty. We also drove by the Jefferson Memorial, Washington Monument and National Mall. After our nice drive through tour, we met Tom for lunch in downtown Washington, DC. Tom then walked us a couple of blocks south to the WHITE HOUSE!
CAPTION: RIGHT:Mom "as a poser" in front of the White House!.

CAPTION: BELOW: Mom and Tom in the park just north of the White House with some Bradford Pear trees in bloom already.

After a trip to Washington, DC, I took Mom to NASA Goddard Space Flight Center where I work in Maryland. I got her a badge through security, and took her to see my office- which is wallpapered with the dogs and Tom. I then took her to buildings where they build satellites!
CAPTION: Below, Mom is standing in front of one of NASA's clean room where many satellites have been built.

CAPTION: Below- I took Mom into the NASA Visitor's Center and got her to sit in this simulated space capsule. She had a hard time getting out of it!

CAPTION: Below - One of the fun things that Mom enjoyed was playing astronaut at the NASA Visitor's Center!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy