Thursday, March 14, 2013

The New Pope: Before you Celebrate...read this

  We all know there's a new Pope. As a former Catholic, I'm incensed that they've picked another hate-filled man, so totally out of touch that will keep the church in the Middle Ages.  NOW, before you think I'm being Negative, or nasty, you need to know some things.
   In his acceptance,this new Pope called gay people like me "of the devil" and said that gay marriage is "evil."  Anyone that knows me or people like me knows I'm far from "evil."  What kind of "loving" person attacks ANYONE in their acceptance in a position that is supposed to represent the unconditional love of God?   The previous Pope did the same thing during the Christmas homily. Yes, the Christmas message included hatred and intolerance for gay people.  
  This is NOT what a church about a loving God should be. 
         He's Anti-abortion even if the mother's life is at risk. He's anti-contraception, too. SO, the Catholic church had a chance to come into the present, but remains in the middle ages. It's disgusting.
   Don't believe me?

The Huffington Post reports that:    "Pope Francis is a conservative who is anti-gay marriage and anti-gay adoption. He has described same-sex marriage as the work of the devil and a “destructive attack on God’s plan.” He has also said that gay adoption is a form of discrimination against children.  In 2010, Francis championed against a bill for same-sex marriage and gay adoption, according to the National Catholic Register."
  FULL ARTICLE: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/13/pope-francis-gay-marriage-anti_n_2869221.html?ir=gay-voices&utm_campaign=031313&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Alert-gay-voices&utm_content=FullStory
   So, here's another hate-monger who may spend more time bashing gay people and denying them of having their marriages like mine legally recognized. 
    If I were still Catholic, I wouldn't be celebrating this Pope, I'd be mourning. The Church remains in the Middle Ages while society becomes more civilized, and more accepting of people who are different - After all, God loves EVERYONE.





Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy