Friday, December 11, 2009

Seeing my Dad in Me

I was driving to work this morning and realized that I've really picked up one of my Dad's habits: His love of reading books. So much, that like my dad, when I'm waiting to go out, I sit reading a book. When I get in the pick-up truck, I have a book in hand that stays in the truck. If I'm sitting at a red light, I'll read a page. I take a paperback with me into the post office, supermarket or other stores (when I'm not with Tom) and read it while in line. Dad used to do that all the time, and I always wondered why he always had a book in hand. Now I know. It's a great escape and a way to entertain yourself without stressing about waiting in lines.
In fact, it was my dad that also bought comic books for my younger brother and I when we were little - and really got me into reading that way. As you know (if you read this blog) I still collect and enjoy comic books and graphic novels today.
I know that Dad is on the "other side" smiling everytime I pick up a book. Thanks, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy