Friday, December 18, 2009

Massive Snow Storm Destroys Travel Plans / AirTran and Hotwire.com are Useless

(PHOTO: Dolly flapping her ears saying "I don't want a foot or two of snow! Franklin the dachshund will have to make a tunnel to pee!")
Because of the massive snowstorm upon us after midnight tonight here in Maryland, we've canceled the trip to Boston, and have to eat $250+ in airline and rental car penalties. I'm really, really, really ticked about it.
I'm not only ticked that Air Tran is such a miserable airline charging fees when there's a winter storm warning (they're charging us $150), and Hotwire.com, where we booked the rental car absolutely, positively gives NO refunds. So, we lost over $100 there, too. That means nothing will get your money back: winter storm warning, blizzard warning, heavy snow warning, canceled flights, natural disaster, etc. I've learned an expensive lesson here. NO more Air Tran. NO more Hotwire.com.
My nephews told my brother they're really disappointed we're not coming and I feel horrible. At least we mailed all their presents weeks ago, and they've got them to open. My mother also managed to get a flu, too- so we couldn't have seen much of her either. What a mess of a holiday.
On the good side, our friend Darold drove up from Florida (he's moved here for a job) and arrived last night safely. We were able to move all his stuff in storage, return his moving truck and get him situated in our guest room. Now we'll spend the weekend in the house with Darold and not have to put the dogs in overnight boarding, either.
We have a Winter Storm warning here starting at midnight tonight through 12 noon on SUNDAY. Snowfall totals are expected between 1 FOOT and 2 FEET. Yes, I said FEET OF SNOW. Last year, our entire winter snowfall was 7.1 inches. This is going to be a tough winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy