Friday, December 4, 2009

Holiday "Spirit" and Holiday Challenges

CHALLENGES DURING THE HOLIDAYS - As I mentioned in my last post, challenges seem to face many people during the holidays, either financial, emotional, loss of someone dear, or memories of loss. Just this month, our friend Ben lost his beloved 16 year old dachshund, Rusty, and Lori and Fred lost their beloved 15 year old Beagle Shelby. Being a dog lover, these losses brought tears to my eyes - but I KNOW that both Rusty and Shelby are well. I've learned a lot from my puppy Buzz, who passed at 6 months old and has come back to me 13 different times and various ways. Buzz is at peace and watching over Tom and I, and our dogs Dolly and Franklin. So, Rusty and Shelby will be doing the same to their respective parents- watching and helping them from "the other side."
We have several friends that are also dealing with severe illnesses, divorce or separation, job loss, moving or financial ills. We're here for all of you, and not just at Christmas, but year 'round. You need to focus on the positive aspects of your life to make things easier to deal with.
For those who lost someone around this time of year, you should focus on the good times you had with the person when they were alive. They don't want you to remember their last days- because it wasn't really them entirely. So, if you think of someone who passed, try not to recall their last days, but some great, fun adventure you had. Meanwhile, count the little blessings.
BEVERLEE VISITS WHILE I WAS DRIVING - My friend Beverlee passed away this past springtime, and I really miss her. She was 85, sharp, witty and full of life. We used to have coffee every week (I would drive to her house with Dolly (the Weimaraner) and chat. This morning, on the way to work, she came to me while I was driving! She showed me that she's assumed the way she looked when she was in her mid-20s. I saw a young girl with brownish hair up. She was in her 20s in the 1940s. She told me she's very happy being back together with her husband Howard, who passed in the 1960s, and her dog. She just wanted to say hello, and tell me she's checking in. It choked me up- and made me realize what a gift it is to hear from people who have passed. In fact, everyone should realize their loved ones are at peace (unless they did very bad things). In short- they're gone from here, but always will be around, even on the Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy