Saturday, July 23, 2016

Great Art and Photography from our Friends in Colorado

Credit: Cathleen Savage Art
If you're looking for some of the most amazing photos and gorgeous artwork, check out the websites of a doubly
-talented married couple: Don and Cathleen Savage.
  Don takes amazing photographs of nature while Cathleen paints things in nature.Here are their websites and descriptions.


Cathleen Savage Art: http://www.cathleensavageart.com/
Cathleen is a classically trained painter working in watercolor and oils. 
Credit: Cathleen Savage Art
She said:  My paintings provide a close up, intimate look at the subject, whether it is a living bird, a wild animal, or a seashell on the beach. Although I do work in a realistic style, I attempt to do more than simply document. My goal is to capture the spirit, the essence, of the subject and to infuse it with life that creates a bond with the viewer. Many of my subjects are those of nature which, to me, is precious and fragile, requiring and deserving special attention.
I believe also that each work of art captures a bit of the energy of the artist and transfers that energy back to the viewer. With each painting, I share with you a bit of my soul.  --  Cathleen Savage
 



Contact:  Donsavagephoto@gmail.com

Introduction  Don and Cathleen live in Colorado Springs. He isa photo enthusiast who has been shooting for most of the past 40 years. Check out Don's book of photographs of Yosemite: http://www.blurb.com/b/1697553-yosemite

CAPTION:  The Milky Way looking splendid above Cuchara Pass in southern Colorado. I shot this as part of a pano, which I'm still working on. The reddish clouds below the Milky Way are lit up with light pollution from towns miles away beyond the Spanish Peaks to the north east. Credit: Don Savage Photography
CAPTION: Fantastic fantasy gardens in Vermont. Shooting towards the Sun with an infrared camera usually means a shot with a lot of big flares, but I thought this one may work out. I think it did, and I don't mind the flares.
Credit: Don Savage Photography
Winter scene: Credit: Don Savage Photography

 
 
 
 

 
 

 

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy