Friday, May 9, 2014

Richmond Pet Expo: Part 2: Rob's Talk, Surprise Visit

This is part two of my (Rob) day at the Richmond Pet Expo with D.C. Area Weimaraner Rescue to promote my book "Pets and the Afterlife."I was there from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m so it was a long and exhausting but rewarding day.
Richmond Pet Expo Welcome Banner

THE TALK ABOUT THE BOOK -
At 2:15 p.m. I gave a 20 minute talk from a stage set up at the expo. About two-thirds of the 30 chairs were full, so that was good. My talk went very well and I touched a lot of pet parent hearts.  So many people recognized signs from their pets, it was amazing. There were a lot of hugs, happy tears and acknowledgements.  (All this despite dealing with asthma and recovering from sinus surgery).

Rob, Oliver, Jon and Erin
A SURPRISE VISIT FROM FRIENDS - Our friends Jon and Erin who live near Richnond, VA surprised me around 4:30 p.m.! We met and befriended Jon and Erin a year ago (May 7, 2013) when we did a dog transport and brought them their new dog, Huck. Huck also has a brother canine named Louie. **Because I was scrambling around, and really out of it before the expo, I didn't have the sense to notify Jon and Erin, or Robert and Ed who live near Richmond (and it didn't hit me until Jon and Erin showed up! So thankful for facebook.I gave them big hugs and
asked about Huck and Louie. We also got to pose for a photo with Oliver the foster Weimaraner. Jon and Erin- Thank you so much!! It's great friends like you (and Karin and Ann) that made my day!
Karin and Oliver

SO MANY WEIMS NEED FOSTER HOMES - Karin said there are 14 Weimarners in northern Virginia (in one city) alone that need foster and permanent homes. If you want to FOSTER, the rescue will pay for medical costs, YOU just pay for food and give shelter. When the Weimaraner gets adopted, you've helped provide a good place to stay!  Here's the website for the rescue: http://www.dcweimclub.org/rescue/index.php




NEXT: RICHMOND PET EXPO: PART 3: AN AMAZING PARANORMAL STORY
    

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy