Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Things DO come in threes!

My mom used to say that many things come in threes: Three green lights in a row, three phone calls, three bills at a time, and in my (Rob) case, it's three goofy health challenges.
three little pigs
   The latest happened Monday while I was still recovering from sinus surgery and days of bad asthma attacks. I was on a teleconference and grabbed a fiber bar (at our age, they're necessary after all)) and a crown from an old root canal came right off!  BINGO!  Health issue number 3 in a week!   Damn! It's tough to get old. :)
The 3 stooges
   So, I called work, called the dentist, and got there by 3:30 p.m. My dentist said that the root canal was 10 years and it lasted a good long time. She temporarily cemented it back on (thankfully), and said that I should consider an implant because the tooth may not put up with a post in it (because it's been dead for 10 years I guess, and there's not much of it left). So, onto the next health issue.
How come 3 of these guys didn't come over to help instead?
THE GOOD NEWS!  -  The good news is - 1) I see my sinus doctor on Wed.and can hopefully, finally blow my nose and clear the congestion 2) I received 3 prescriptions from my family doctor to treat the asthma (and I bought a cool-air humidifier for the bedroom) to hopefully quell it. 3) My tooth is temporarily back together. and 4) Things come in threes so I'm done!
  BTW- I know these things don't compare to people who deal with cancer, heart issues, diabetes, etc. Although asthma is a pretty serious issue.- but they're annoying and debilitating enough to be a total pain.
THE NEXT SET OF THREES? -
So, next time we need to deal with three things, we're asking the fates to not make them health challenges, but instead, some handsome, well-built marines (like the guys pictured) to help us around the house! :)

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy