Thursday, May 15, 2014

First Listen: Dolly Parton, 'Blue Smoke'

Dolly Parton and Cliff Richard are my (Rob) favorite singers.This week, Dolly released her 42nd album called "Blue Smoke," and earlier this year, Cliff Richard released his 100th album!
   BLUE SMOKE is a fantastic collection-  and you can hear the CD by clicking on the link below to the NPR "Preview" below.

DISCOVERY -   When I discovered Dolly Parton in 1980, it was from the song "Starting Over Again."  It was released in March 1980 as the first single from her album Dolly, Dolly, Dolly. "Starting Over Again" made the U.S. pop top forty, peaking at #36, and reached #1 on the U.S. country charts on May 24, 1980. When 9 to 5 the movie and song came along, I was instantly a life-long admirer of Dolly's.

   DOLLY'S INFLUENCE ON ROB -  I was 17 years old, and I was struck by her optimism, positive attitude, sense of humor and care for others. Other 17 year old boys would've been paying attention to her boobs, but I was paying attention to her heart and her mind.
  It was through listening and watching Dolly that I decided to live my life in a positive way, care for others, try to inject humor (even at my own expense) and appreciate simple things in life- not money, power or possessions, which were what teens at my age then were all into.   So, that's how I developed MY personality- I was influenced by Dolly's love for life and others.  (Tom is likely rolling his eyes now).  :) 
 
  Blue Smoke the 42nd studio album by American country recording artist Dolly Parton. The album was released in Australia and New Zealand on January 31, 2014, and was  released in North America and Europe on May 13, 2014.  GIVE IT A FREE LISTEN AND ENJOY !

To go to Dolly's music website: http://dollypartonentertainment.com/

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy