Thursday, May 8, 2014

Richmond Pet Expo: Part 1: DC Weim Rescue Brings Dogs, Who is Oliver?

Ann and her boy Kaspar visit
On Saturday, May 4, I gave a talk and had a booth at my first pet expo! I've arranged to go to 3 major pet expos this year to promote my book "Pets and the Afterlife" with D.C. Area Weimaraner Rescue in the same booth.

Our booth at the expo!
HOW DID I COUPLE WITH THE RESCUE? -
There was a lot of doggy traffic early in the day
 Because I was going to go to expos to market my book, I also wanted one of the rescues we work with the benefit by exposure, sell stuff, and hopefully get interested adopters or foster parents.



Pointer-mixes?







JOINED BY FELLOW WEIM RESCUERS AND WEIMARANERS!


Karin Bakken and Ann Staford of DC Area Weimaraner rescue joined me at the booth through the day, and each brought a Weim. Ann brought her adopted male weim named Kaspar (who was remarkably social a couple of weeks after surgery), and Karin brought a Weim named "Oliver." 

Rob and Karin, both exhausted at the end of the expo
WHO IS OLIVER? - Oliver is a 6 year old Weimaraner that was adopted, but brought back to the rescue. I think it was because they "didn't have time to train him."  I don't know why people think that a dog is going to automatically know how to behave in a house and know what to do without training. You can't do that to a person! - Anyway, being a fan of the superhero "Green Arrow" whose secret identity is Oliver Queen, I told her Oliver is a perfect name! Oddly, his family name was "Quinn." 


Met this nice couple with a mini-dachshund like Tyler!

 To see what dogs are available for adoption at the DC Weimaraner Rescue visit: http://www.dcweimclub.org/rescue/index.php

NEXT: THE TALK, JON and ; ERIN VISIT, AN AMAZING STORY!

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy