Sunday, September 15, 2013

Happy birthday Mom!

Today is Tom's mom's 75th birthday and we've got a special celebration planned in the form of a day out. I thought I'd write the blog today, because Tom's mom, my mother-in-law, is one of the BEST mother-in-laws ever. My own mom is suffering from dementia, and it's hard to have a conversation with her, so having a great mother-in-law is critical for me. Tom's mom, Ruth is caring, considerate, kind-hearted, fun, and always has adventures. She also spoils us and her canine grandkids. In fact, they all love visiting grandma and grandpa and  get all excited when we tell them we're headed for a visit.
    I love calling a couple of times a week and checking in - It's a rare thing to have such a great mother-in-law, and I am SO happy to call her "mom." So, mom, today, not only are YOU celebrating your birthday, but so are we. We love you!

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy