Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Baltimore Comic-Con #6: Two Famous Comic-Book Talents and Mysterious Japanese Characters

Neal Adams pic of Spectre, Batman and Deadman
There were many famous folks at the Baltimore Comic-con who had tables and were doing signings of the comics or their artwork.
NEAL ADAMS - One of my all-time favorite artists, Neal Adams was there, and was signing copies of comic book covers he's done since the 1970s. He's amazing. The line was too long, so I couldn't meet him, though. He's drawn many issues of Batman, and my other favorite hero, the Spectre, who you just met in a previous blog.
Art Baltazar sketching for a fan



ART BALTAZAR - Art Baltazar is an American comic book artist and writer who currently works for DC Comics.    He's worked on lots of comics for children including: Tiny Titans (which the two won a 2011 Eisner Award for Best Publication for Kids Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam! and Young Justice. He's also worked on  Deep-sea Duel and Royal Rodent Rescue (both DC Super-Pets!) with our friend John Sazaklis.  We couldn't get close enough to meet him either (line was too long), so we took a picture.


Paul Kupperberg, me as The Green Lantern, Tom R.
PAUL KUPPERBERG TAKES ME BY SURPRISE! - While Tom R. and I were walking around the convention center floor, a gentleman came up and asked for a picture with me (I was dressed as the Green Lantern). It was Paul Kupperberg! He's a former editor for DC Comics, and a prolific writer of comic books and newspaper strips. He told me that he wrote so many issues of Green Lantern that he wanted to have a picture with me. I was so excited!  He's written about 600 stories, and I've read many of them. He told us that one of the Green Lantern Corps members he created was the squirrel-like creature named Ch'p (cross between a squirrel and a chipmunk). He wrote the Flash, Wonder Woman, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and so much more! Now he's writing two new ongoing series for Archie Comics which began in August 2010 in the second issue of Life With Archie: The Married Life, in magazine format.

JAPANESE COMIC CHARACTERS - I don't remember who these guys were dressed up as, but Tom R. did... now I can't remember. If you know, let me know! They were pretty comical, though!

NEXT: TWO BLUE CHARACTERS!

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy