Monday, May 31, 2010

Book Review: Pet Ghosts by Joshua Warren


Book Review: Pet Ghosts by Joshua Warren
This book came out in 2006, but I hadn't heard of it until I did a search on the topic recently. I just finished reading it, and I was disappointed because I was expecting insight into animal intelligence, behavior and communications with those they left behind. Having lost a puppy (who communicated with me a LOT), I hoped to read signs from others. Instead, paranormal investigator Joshua Warren focuses on ghostly animals throughout history, such as from ancient and medieval texts (including the Bible) and different cultures. The book talks about Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster, hellhounds and werewolves. None of this made much sense to me because none of these things are "pets." I think the book should have been called "non-human and mythological ghosts."
If you've lost a beloved dog or cat and are looking for comfort from this book, you won't find it here, unfortunately. Warren does great research, but the title of the book is really misleading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy