Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom's Vacation Ends on Fun Notes

FRIDAY FUN - My (Rob's) mother's 2-week vacation visit to our house ended on Mother's Day, but there was a lot crammed in the last couple of days. On Friday my mom and I worked in a couple of dog walks (and she even mopped the kitchen floor and sewed all the ripped dog toys while I was working 1/2 a day). Mom loves bowling, but is used to candlepins in New England- which are not found in the Mid-Atlantic. We bowled a couple of strings and had fun. I haven't bowled in about 10 years, so we were both pretty lousy!


Because it was "Margarita Friday" we kept with our tradition of Mexican food and Tom's parents joined us. Here's my (Rob) mom and Tom's mom walking out of the restaurant arm in arm and headed to Baskin Robbins for an ice cream! We ended the evening with a very entertaining show put on by the local high school that paid tribute to Michael Jackson - performing many of his songs (which included a great piano solo by our neighbor's daughter). It was great!

SATURDAY STUFF - My (Rob) mom went shopping for about 4 hours with our friend JC and his mom while I worked at the Maryland Science Center for "Space Day." The weather outside was perfect, so Tom and the dogs spent the afternoon outside in the garden. At night, we enjoyed a concert at Tom's parents' (over 55) complex. Both of them are in the development's choir so it was fun to see them and hear them sing.

SUNDAY - We got up early and made breakfast, helping my mom get ready for her trip back home. Her flight left at 12:30pm, so we took her to the airport after she said goodbye to Dolly the Weimaraner and Franklin the Dachshund. Here's a photo of Dolly, sad to see grandma leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy