Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Teeth-rattling Sinus Infection

I have a number of allergies, so sinus infections aren't new to me. This one, however, "takes the cake." I see a chiropractor and acupuncturist for neck, sinus and jaw problems, and saw both this week. The acupuncturist has done wonders with my neck, and actually enabled me to breathe out of the left side of my nose for the first time in a long time. That night, I felt the sinus infection so badly that it made my entire jaw and top teeth ache! I had to use ibuprofen to sleep and it didn't work long. During that night I wound up grinding my teeth setting off more jaw and teeth pain, so I went to the dentist. Turns out I added to the sinus headache from the grinding and my jaw slipped out of place (making the jaw ache). I had to buy a night guard yesterday (which worked to reduce the pain). My head is pounding enough for me to see my pulse in my vision! So, antibiotics and a doctor's visit is next. This is one "teeth-rattling" sinus infection. It's tough to get old! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy