Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Monday was Mom's Shopping Day / Everything Happens for a Good Reason

SENIOR SHOPAHOLICS! - After I (Rob) finished work in the morning, my mom and I drove up to meet Jim and his mom Jill for lunch and shopping. Jim took the day off so that it would work out. After a nice lunch in a mall, our mothers (who met before and hit it off) walked around and showed us the shop-a-holics that they were! Jim and I thought it was actually pretty funny and cute to watch the two of them together. Of course, we realized that we were watching "shopping professionals" when we spent TWO HOURS in one corner of the women's clothing area of JC Penney. We finally both called them to leave because I didn't want to hit rush hour traffic going home. They're getting a return shopping engagement on Thursday because they didn't even get through ONE entire store in 2 hours! :) Here are some photos from the day of Jim, his mom Jill, my mom (making goofy faces) and me.



EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A GOOD REASON - My mom didn't want to be away from home and stay with us two weeks, but everything happens for a good reason in life. This was no exception. Originally we were going to have Mom stay one week, but we made her ticket a 2-week return. Five days ago, a 10 foot in diameter water pipe that feeds all of Boston and eastern Mass. ruptured. Drinking water and all water suddenly became unavailable for days! Finally, the pipe is repaired (so we read today). Fortunately, by being here with us on vacation, Mom missed the drama of being home and not having water!
NICE FLOWERS - Here's a vase of flowers that our friend Jeff gave to my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy