Thursday, March 18, 2010

Today is Franklin's 6th Birthday!


Happy Birthday to me, Franklin the Dachshund!
I, Franklin, turn 6 today. I guess that's about 35 in human years, but I really don't care. Just give me treats.
I've got a strong personality, and love to wander around outside, bark and chase squirrels, birds, and bunnies. In fact, I've caught and took some of them down! If I can't catch one, then just give me treats for chasing them out of the yard.
My sister, Dolly doesn't look all that much like me other than she's also German, and a hound-like dog. I've heard people call her a "Weimaraner." She's great, though, because she loves to run and fetch and play with our daddies so I can sniff the ground in the backyard and forage for anything edible. Well, I even eat stuff that's not supposed to be edible!
Dolly likes putting her head on my back and using me as a pillow, and I think that's really nice. I love my sister, more than most humans love their siblings!
Here's a photo of my sister Dolly and I on the night before my birthday, after a nice walk outside. Dolly was loving it (See her smiling?), while I was tired!

Food is simply a passion. I live for it. I love it. Although I eat Purina One diet food (okay, so I have an extra pound or two on me), daddies put me on green beans, too and walk me 2-3 times a day. Jeez. That's a lot for a dog with 2 inch long legs. Dolly's legs are about 12" high!! How is that fair to me?
I know where the treat cabinet is at home, and like to hang out there. I love Milk Bone "pigs in blanket" treats, and crave bacon-flavored "Beggin' Strips!"
Tonight, as our daddies usually do, we'll be going to Petsmart to buy me more of my favorite treats and toys. I LOVE birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift/Memorial Suggestions

Several of our friends have lost loved ones (human and pets) and we found that one of the best ways to honor their memory is to give to an animal charity.
What better way to recognize a life of love, than by giving another life a chance for love?
We donate to many animal rescues, but because we volunteer with
DC Weimaraner Rescue and Coast-to-Coast Dachshund Rescue, those are our 2 favorites.
Consider giving the chance of life to a dog or cat.

About us

We're two married guys who enjoy the simple things in life, especially our dogs. We volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy splitting dinners, exercising, blogging, helping friends and neighbors, ghost investigations, coffee and tea, Tudor history, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country, piano, gardening, writing books on ghosts and spirits, architecture, keeping a clean house, cooking simply, and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more.

Tom and Rob Thinking Hard!

Tom and Rob Thinking Hard!
Wondering what home project to do next