Thursday, March 18, 2010

Today is Franklin's 6th Birthday!


Happy Birthday to me, Franklin the Dachshund!
I, Franklin, turn 6 today. I guess that's about 35 in human years, but I really don't care. Just give me treats.
I've got a strong personality, and love to wander around outside, bark and chase squirrels, birds, and bunnies. In fact, I've caught and took some of them down! If I can't catch one, then just give me treats for chasing them out of the yard.
My sister, Dolly doesn't look all that much like me other than she's also German, and a hound-like dog. I've heard people call her a "Weimaraner." She's great, though, because she loves to run and fetch and play with our daddies so I can sniff the ground in the backyard and forage for anything edible. Well, I even eat stuff that's not supposed to be edible!
Dolly likes putting her head on my back and using me as a pillow, and I think that's really nice. I love my sister, more than most humans love their siblings!
Here's a photo of my sister Dolly and I on the night before my birthday, after a nice walk outside. Dolly was loving it (See her smiling?), while I was tired!

Food is simply a passion. I live for it. I love it. Although I eat Purina One diet food (okay, so I have an extra pound or two on me), daddies put me on green beans, too and walk me 2-3 times a day. Jeez. That's a lot for a dog with 2 inch long legs. Dolly's legs are about 12" high!! How is that fair to me?
I know where the treat cabinet is at home, and like to hang out there. I love Milk Bone "pigs in blanket" treats, and crave bacon-flavored "Beggin' Strips!"
Tonight, as our daddies usually do, we'll be going to Petsmart to buy me more of my favorite treats and toys. I LOVE birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy