Friday, October 23, 2009

Petsmart Halloween Costume Contest

Tuesday night I went to Petsmart for their annual pet costume contest. I was going to go as Batman and have Dolly go as Bathound, but Tom told me I "look ridiculous" so I changed into my Superman outfit, and put Dolly's Krypto suit on. Meanwhile, Franklin was dressed as a lion! I made Tom a "Lion Trainer" suit, but he chose not to go (he doesn't like Halloween).
(PHOTO: Franklin practicing wearing his lion costume, wearing only the headgear)
(PHOTO: Franklin the Lion, and Dolly as Krypto- Superman's dog, waiting for the contest to start)
(PHOTO: Here are some of the competitors in the costume contest)
(PHOTO: A vampire dog waiting for the judging)
(PHOTO: Franklin the lion; Dolly as Krypto; and me (Rob) as Superman)
RESULTS: Well, this year we didn't win, place or show. It was depressing. I think that if Tom did go, it would have been original to have a lion and lion tamer - as it was, it didn't make sense to have Superman, Krypto and a lion. Oh, well. Next year, Dolly and Franklin need to go as the same thing, and I'll likely forego the superhero thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy