Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dental, Dogs, and another Day

"There's always something." That's something my dad used to say all the time, and I find myself saying it, too. Every day brings little challenges we've all got to deal with, and I've found the anxiety leading up to the challenge is never worth it, and the event comes and goes, and then we usually forget it.
1) DENTAL -Last night, while brushing my teeth with a new "medium" tooth brush (I know, use a soft brush!), one of my tooth's crowns broke off in the front of a tooth. The good news is that the tooth was a root canal (at least I think it is!) so there's no pain and the tooth is dead. Of course, I could just be numb from the neck up. :) Anyway, this morning I have anxiety about going to the dentist and getting it fixed, although 1) the tooth is dead 2) my dentist is the best 3) She never makes me feel pain. So, the anxiety is more than the event, I'm sure.
2) DOG FOSTER - One of the two rescues that Tom and I work with is Coast-to-Coast Dachshund Rescue. Recently, they rescued 32 dachshunds from ONE home. None were spayed, bathed, or had teeth taken care of. They were a mess. BUT, some were housebroken by the one older woman that housed them. After a desperate call to us, we agreed to foster a 10 year old, female, short-haired Dachshund starting next Tuesday. That's all we know for now.
What we do know is with our last foster dachshund, Cooper, who was really sweet and also 10 years old (and adopted by a great couple), Dolly and Franklin didn't pay him any attention. We'll see how this one goes. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy