Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth" - Our Interpretation

I think I really figured out what that old Testament saying means -it's really about getting old- well, at least nowadays. Drawing from experiences that Tom and I have had recently - here's how it works. EYE FOR AN EYE - When you have a cataract, as Tom has had in each eye, they remove your lens and replace it with a plastic one. By the way, Tom's eye is getting better each day. He still deals with the "Halo Effect" around lights" but that may be because of the scar tissue that formed around each new lens. That scar tissue ALSO needs to be removed, and will be by laser surgery at a later date. So, Tom's eye adventures aren't over. TOOTH FOR A TOOTH - I survived the dentist yesterday, and it turns out it wasn't a chipped tooth. It was a filling that fell out (when I brushed), because of a cavity that formed on the edge of it. I swear that cavities can form anywhere on my teeth (I brush, floss and gargle several times a day, but it doesn't matter). So, it was a 3-surface composite filling. The good news: No root canal. Yay! My dentist, Dr. Cheryl Hunn of Greenbelt, Md. is the most pain-free, wonderful dentist in the world, too. So, I replaced a broken tooth with a "new revised tooth."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy