Saturday, October 24, 2009

Creative Lighting / Sick as a Dog


Our Saturday started out interesting. (The earlier post about the dogs being in all day today was done last night - little did I know there would be more of an adventure than rain). Franklin (the dachshund) and Dolly (the Weimaraner) ate their breakfast as usual. Then Franklin threw up. That was the beginning of his being "sick as a dog." We watched him over the day, and ran out to to a few errands, only to find that he had done it 3 more times upstairs! So, we've decided to forego a great costume party at our friends' Fitz and Will's house- to keep an eye on the little guy. We didn't feed him anything after breakfast. So, I won't be wearing my Green Lantern costume (again), but it's more important to make sure that Franklin is okay.

In addition to removing window air conditioners and storing them; washing all the windows in the house; vacuuming; doing 4 loads of laundry; and dog walking just before it started raining early this morning, was that Tom decided to turn an old oil lantern (that was his grandmother's) into an electric lamp. Here's a photo of Tom figuring out how to wire it.

Our friend Jeff had come over to spend some time together (and brought me -Rob a bday present), so Jeff decided to test out the lantern...

Tom was successful in his efforts to wire the lantern (I knew he would be), and here he is standing next to his finished product! (I don't think there's anything that he can't do!).

Here's Tom and I (Rob) being goofy as usual! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy