Sunday, August 2, 2009

Weekend Stuff

Another weekend is here, and today (Sunday) is an unusual weather day - showers and thunderstorms all day long! Here in Maryland, it was a pretty dry July so today's all day rains on and off are welcome. We even have a flood watch up this afternoon because of heavy rains from powerful thunderstorms (associated with a very wet cold front sweeping through).
PANERA BREAD TIME: We enjoyed our typical coffee/tea and bagel breakfast Saturday and and today. Today we were joined by friends Steve and Jane for an early breakfast, so it was fun!
BEACH DAY /GHOST BOOK PROGRESS!: On Saturday afternoon, we went to the Chesapeake Bay Pride Festival. This year it was at Mayo Beach in Edgewater, Maryland- so it was more appealing. The highlight for me were the two dog rescues- German Shepherd Rescue and Maryland Dog Rescue - so we made little donations. The number of dogs needing homes around the Baltimore/Washington area is unbelievable. On a happier note, Tom loves the beach, so going to the festival was a big treat. It was really wonderful to sit on the beach for an hour in the sun. Tom read a book and I edited my book on ghosts and spirits. I finished my first big round of edits, so I'm going to have our friend Jane edit it next. Anyway, it was a nice way to spend the afternoon, and I got a sunburn! Mayo Beach is a nice little beach, located on the Chesapeake Bay, about 20 minutes south of Annapolis. We plan on going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy