Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What is it About Mondays? / a Good Movie

We had a good weekend, despite being so busy around the house...we also got to visit our friends Mike and Heidi for a couple of hours. They were having a "Japanese food-fest" and we enjoyed the company.
Sunday night, after a long weekend of a LOT of cleaning up after the contractors working on our house - there was construction dust on everything upstairs so we had to wash everything, scrub the floors, windows, etc. It took about 5 hours. We ended the weekend watching a good movie we bought for my nephews. (See below).
MONDAYS - What is it about Mondays that make it a challenge to start the week? I was ready to work from home knowing the contractors in the house (they're working in the room that houses our computer) would be working around me. However, they needed to really work around me... and were installing a doorway into the attic (hammering, sawing, etc.) and were going to paint the ceiling of the room I work in. So, at 9:30am after 2+ hours of work, I dressed for work, drove the dogs to daycare and went to the office. The Internet connection there was DEAD. Email was DEAD. In my job, you need both. So, after 1 frustrating hour trying to get computer/IT assistance I returned home to work around the contractors. That worked until 2pm, then I had to go back to the office to get out of the way. Needless to say, I felt like the Mark Chesnutt country song goes "It sure is Monday."
GOOD FAMILY MOVIE: Far from Home: The Adventures of Yellow Dog - On Sunday night, we relaxed and watched a movie we bought for my nephews. It's from 1995, and it was really good. Of course, waiting in the last 5 minutes for a happy ending was driving me crazy. Anyway,here's the synopsis of the story: Teenager Angus adopts a stray dog and names him Yellow. Several days later, while travelling along the coast of British Columbia with Angus's father, John, the boy and dog become stranded when turbulent waters capsize their boat. Angus's parents relentlessly badger rescue teams. Angus, schooled by his father in wilderness survival skills, and assisted by the intelligent Yellow Dog, tries to attract rescuers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy