Friday, October 17, 2008

Today is Rob's 46th Birthday! - A Day Off!


I took today off to celebrate turning 46! Wow...46 - I used to think that was old, now I don't! :) It's all relative. Anyway, despite the fact that more gray hairs (LOOK FOR THEM!) are sneaking in this year, I still have a young spirit I think! I love life, dogs, coffee and people!
Nothing happier about a birthday than waking up next to the guy you love and your "kids" (Dolly and Franklin). After making breakfast for Tom and the dogs at 4am (typical), Tom had to go to work, and the dogs and I went back to bed until 6am! I did my morning sit-ups, and walked the dogs a mile, an jumped on the computer briefly (now). I had phone call singing from Tom and then his mom, and the day just wouldn't have been complete without our friend Jeff in VA calling and playing Loretta Lynn's "Happy Birthday" song (as he's done every year on this day for the last 6 years- I love it!).
BTW- Country Singer Alan Jackson is born on this day, and turns 50 today, so I'll be listening to his CDs all day (I think I have all of 'em). Birthday wishes also to my friend Sandra in Alabama, and John in Frederick, Md. (also both born today).
I'm going grocery shopping, and then picking up the dogs for a trip to Petsmart for food and treats, then taking them on a run, and giving them a bath!
Tonight I'll have dinner with Tom and his parents - great way to end a birthday.
On a final note regarding turning old - it's a state of mind. For example, Tom and I were in a pet store with the dogs, and I had Dolly (the gray weimaraner) with me. Dolly was only 2 years old... and a young boy walked up to me and said "Your dog is gray - She's old!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy