Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Superman's dad is dead ... again

I saw this story on CNN today (and am picking up my comics tonight, as I do every Wednesday night)- and this issue of Action Comics is already in my previously ordered list of titles. What's interesting is that I didn't know that DC Comics was going to revisit this story again. It's interesting because at work, several co-workers and friends call me "Superman" and this story is coming out just 2 months after my dad passed. Coincidence? Hmmm...

NEW YORK (AP) -- Superman's dad has died again.
DC Comics has killed off Clark Kent's Earth father with a heart attack. In Action Comics No. 870, out Wednesday, Superman can't hear his mom's cries for help in time to save Jonathan Kent.
The TV Jonathan -- played by John Schneider -- died long ago on CW's "Smallville."
In the original Superman tales of the 1940s, Clark Kent's parents died while he was still a teen. And in the 1978 "Superman" movie that starred Christopher Reeve, Jonathan Kent, played by Glenn Ford, also died of a heart attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy