Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Crypton Dog Beds...

UPDATE: Nov. 5, 2008: Since I wrote this, Dogbedworks.com came through for me. They DID exchange the cover for a suede Marsh Fabric Crypton cover. The dogs WILL sleep on that one. I DO recommend DogBedWorks.com for the Suede Marsh Crypton fabric bed.
BOTTOM LINE- if your dog likes soft cushions to lay on, the Wegman collection of fabric, although beautiful in appearance, won't be comfortable for your dog. Ask for the suede crypton fabric instead.


ORIGINAL POST: Okay- I tried to do a good thing. For us and for the dogs. For YEARS I've been reading about this Crypton fabric being used in dog beds that is spill, stain and dirt resistant, and comfortable. Well, it's 3 out of 4. They are NOT comfortable.
I paid $160 for the bed (which I would NEVER pay in a store, but you know,it's easier on-line)... only to find that the Crypton fabric is like Canvas. Yes, as rough as a canvas.
The design was beautiful, but the material is not comfortable at all. I wouldn't even want to use it for a pillow.
Needless to say, the dogs TRIED to sleep on it the first night. They were up all night. It was NOT comfortable. It was a CANVAS-like fabric- with weimaraners on it (the William Wegman collection).
So, I contacted the maker: dogbedworks who informed me that it was not exchangable : "This is a custom made item and we cannot accommodate returns or exchanges of these beds. As always, we are here help if you have any questions." I didn't see the fine print on the order. So, read everything when you order on-line.
DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE I MADE. Get a regular, comfortable bed from a pet store. If there's not enough stuffing in it, buy a $2.00 bag in Walmart and add to the bed. NOW I've got to figure out where I can get a new cover for this unusable bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy