Saturday, October 18, 2008

Halloween Outfits for the Dogs! - "Barctoberfest"

Tom and I took the dogs to "Barctoberfest" in Baltimore's Patterson Park this afternoon, and it was okay... but it took about half an hour to park (and lots of time to walk to it) so we were the last to sign up for the events. I miss the event being at the Can Company in the Canton area of the city.
Anyway, the long-awaited costume contest wasn't successful. Franklin's corn suit was a hit with people wanting to take pictures of him- but not a winner. Dolly was a Green Lantern from the Dog Star to match me in my Green Lantern outfit... (dog and owner look-alike) but she kept pulling off her "gloves" and her mask kept falling off, so we were a mess. Anyway, I made a backup outfit for her, on the recommendation of Mom Feldhaus in Maine last weekend. Mother's know best- so I made Dolly an "ear of corn" outfit, too, and put her in it after the costume event. That's when 4 young women asked to have their photos with Franklin and Dolly, both in the Corn Dog suits. So, it's a Corny halloween for the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy