Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rob's Green Lantern Costume

Okay - here are the first photos of my Green Lantern Outfit! It's taken awhile to get it together. I ordered the top and bottom pieces at www.spandexman.com, and the customer service was fantastic. - I found the gloves, made the mask, bought a Green Lantern ring (2 years ago), spray painted my old cowboy boots green, and bought a lantern that I also spray painted green- so the outfit was complete! -
I made Dolly a Green Lantern shirt, too, to complement my outfit. She's the Green Lantern from the Dog Star. :)
This morning, I went to Third Eye Comics in Annapolis. I've been buying comics from this guy, Steve who owns this great shop - for years. He encouraged people to come by in their costumes, so I did. This is a photo of Steve, the comic shop owner and I.
Two other guys came in the shop in costume, one as "the Spirit" and the other as a Werewolf, so I took their picture as well. A little boy also came in with his dad, and the boy was dressed as Batman. I love comic book shops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy