Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Fun Paranormal Mystery: The Ghost and the Dead Man's Library

There's a paperback series that combines two of my interests: Mysteries and the Paranormal. It's written by
Alice Kimberely. I just finished reading " The Ghost and the Dead Man's Library" and went on line and ordered the others in the series.
   Penelope McClure helps solve mysteries with the assistance of the ghost of P.I. named Jack, that only she can hear in her head (as long as she keeps his buffalo nickel in her pocket).It's a great story, with twists and turns, and will keep you guessing who the murderer is. The characters are great, and all have distinct personalities.
  I highly recommend this book!
(Of course, being a medium, I can hear ghosts and spirits, too - so I could really relate to the characters.)  - Rob


SUMMARY: Bookshop owner Penelope Thornton-McClure has just received an extremely rare collection of Edgar Allan Poe’s complete works. Rumor has it a secret code, trapped within the books’ leather-bound pages, leads to buried treasure. Well, it looks like they got the buried part right, because as Pen sells off the valuable volumes, everyone who buys…dies.Once these books go missing from their owners’ cold hands, Pen will need resident ghost and hard-boiled PI Jack Shepard to help crack the case. The police are skeptical that the deaths involved foul play—so it’s up to Pen and Jack to unravel these shocking endings…
  

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy