PART 2: Since so many people vote without really knowing the main things that political candidates stand for, we thought we'd help educate. We copied and pasted these right from CBS News (who researched them from the candidate websites). Today, we'll show you the next 3 from the Republican side: Trump, Bush, Kasich.
2) deny climate change science
3) don't accept refugees unless they're christian
Job: Real estate mogul, television personality Best known for: "The Apprentice" TV franchise. Real estate holdings and Trump brand. Upending the presidential race, often with controversial statements.
Key positions: Run as outsider.
· Temporarily ban Muslims from entering the U.S.
· Repeal Obamacare.
· Build a wall at the southern border to keep Mexicans and Central Americans from illegally crossing and deport the 11 million undocumented immigrants in the U.S.
· Allow a path to legal status for foreign students completing degree at U.S. university.
· Global warming is not real.
· End corporate taxes, lower individual taxes.
· Uphold Second Amendment rights.
· "Pro-life," but used to be "pro-choice."
· Engage in tougher negotiations with China and Russia.
Job: Former Florida governor, then Lehman Brothers adviser until Lehman declared the largest U.S. bankruptcy to date. Barclays adviser.
Best known for: Being George W. Bush's brother and George H.W. Bush's son. His ties to the Hispanic community. Answering constituent email while governor. Intervening in the Terri Schiavo case. Fluent Spanish speaker.
· Make Common Core standards the "new minimum" in student achievement.
· Tighten border security, create path to legal status for undocumented immigrants.
· Expand Second Amendment rights: signed "Stand your ground" law in Florida.Create 4 percent growth in the U.S. economy.
· Make GOP more appealing to minorities.
· Leave same-sex marriage to the states.
· Cut corporate and individual taxes.
· Unsure climate change is human-caused, but carbon emissions should be cut.
· Arm the Kurdish Peshmerga and Sunni tribes to fight ISIS.
· Remove some restrictions on the military rules of engagement.
· Terminate the Iran nuclear deal.
Job: Ohio governor, former congressman. Hosted show on Fox News. Managing director at Lehman Brothers in years leading up to and until Lehman's bankruptcy, the largest U.S. bankruptcy to date.
Best known for: Conservative as a congressman, but as governor, able to compromise. Expanding Medicaid under Obamacare, unlike many GOP governors.
· Support Common Core, school vouchers.
· Repeal Obamacare.
· Reduce the corporate tax rate.
· Criminal justice reform: Less prison time for nonviolent offenders.
· Put troops on the ground to fight ISIS.
· Open to path to legal status for undocumented immigrants.
· Acknowledges climate change, but does not have plan to address it.
· Register mentally ill to keep them from buying guns.