Saturday, October 10, 2015

Rob's Family Home - GONE

The "New" House
Side view of the new house
When my mom passed in Dec. 2013 my brothers and I put the house up for sale.

It was the house that my brothers and I grew up in. Mom and Dad and my older brother Steve had lived in another town for 4 years before this house was built, and they moved in three months before I was born. My brother Doug would come along 2 years later.

 
Mom and Dad's House - that I grew up in

   When we sold the house, we didn't expect it to be totally rebuilt, so it was quite a shock to see a totally different house sitting there when I returned the week of Sept. 19th to attend a Pet Expo and visit my brother and his family. 

  HOW I LOOK AT IT-  Since my parents had their house designed and built by my mother's cousin in August 1962, it was their own ideas and their creativity that built the house. The new
The house from the side street- Puritan Drive


Front door to the house. Mom loved that tree
owner basically decided to raze the house and build a complete new house (and a large monstrosity) except for the garage.  So, This is the way I think about it: the house that I and my brothers grew up in will always be special, because we can say that no other family truly lived in it. That's pretty special. 

 

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy