Friday, March 14, 2014

Rob's Boston Adventure: February 2014

Boston's subways now have video screens!
During the week of February 22-23, I (Rob) flew to Boston to help my brothers organize and clean  out my mom's house while Tom stayed behind, took care of the dogs and wound up transporting 2 rescue dogs and doing a bunch of home improvements. We rarely sit still. :)
 TRANSPORTATION WAS EASY! - Flying into Boston and grabbing the "Silver line" a bus line that follows a track like a subway was easy. It took me to South Station where I caught a subway. I noticed that the subway stations now have video screens with information on them. The Boston "T" /subway has come a long way since I used to ride it in the 1980s!
Brian being crazy like the weekend!
 CRAZY WEEKEND  - 
  - That weekend in Boston for me turned out to be kind of crazy. My nephew Scotty had a perforated Appendix so he was in the hospital the entire time (he's since home and recovered) and my sister-in-law Sue stayed overnights with him.
  
Brian in action

Brian in action again

Dinner out with Doug and Brian
   I stayed with my younger brother Doug and my other nephew Brian.

BRIAN'S BASKETBALL - 
On the Sunday that I departed, after working a lot at my mom's house in the morning, Doug took me to Brian's basketball game. It was a really enjoyable especially because I' had never seen him play before. His team won, so that made it even more enjoyable.
Brian the basketball star
  Of course, Since I don't follow sports, I don't understand what was going on throughout the game, but I did understand his effort and that the team won! 

   After the game we visited Scotty and Sue at the hospital before Doug and Brian took me to the airport. That was one crazy, busy, tiring, yet enjoyable weekend.

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy