Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Remembering Rob's Childhood Home: Part 1

The dining room
Since my (Rob) mom passed on Dec. 29, and because we have a house, and my two brothers have their homes, we have decided to sell mom's home. It was actually the house that we grew up in - it was built and ready by August 1962, just 3 months before I (the middle guy) was born. So, that was the only house I and my younger brother had ever known. There's a lot of memories in that house, and it's very sad to see it move on.
  My mom used to make her own drapes and loved yellow and white, as you can see in some of these pictures. 
kitchen table
  My older brother suggested I take some pictures of the inside of it, to remember how it was when mom lived in it (my dad passed in 2008). So, here's the first part of those pictures.

the master bedroom


The side door into the porch

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy