Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Remembering Musical Fun with Rob's Mom!

Mom loved "Here You Come Again!"
I was working from home the other day and listening to Pandora radio, and two of my favorite Dolly Parton songs came on back-to-back:  "Here You Come Again," and "Islands in the Stream." Two songs by the same artist doesn't usually happen on Pandora and both of these were my mom's favorite Dolly songs, too. That was a message from my mom!!
 
Mom (who passed on Dec. 29, 2013) and wanted to let me know she's around. Mom loved those two songs and those were the only 2 songs by Dolly Parton she would sing (I have all of Dolly's music but those were the ones that stuck with her). "Here You Come Again" was the most special, because it brings back a fun memory.  

When the song came out in 1977 and during the summer of 1978, when I was 15, I remember being at home on Saturday morning and helping clean the house. I was tidying up my younger brother's bedroom while listening to the American Top 40 with Casey Casem and "Here You Come Again" came on the radio. Mom was walking down the hallway and came in and sat on the bed asking what that song was - and I pulled up a chair. That's when we started slapping hands and knees in a back and forth game, to the rhythm of the song. We laughed about that for a long time.

What's interesting is that neither of us had ever forgotten that special 4 minutes and I'll always cherish it and that song.



LINK TO VIDEO/SONG: http://youtu.be/U3PM4zfHYBk
)


Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy