Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Whatever happened to "Shorts" for the Summer?

We just had a 3 day heatwave here in the Washington/Baltimore area, and Tom and I went out looking for shorts. What we found made me cringe. When the hell did shorts become "Half-Pants"??
First, the Men's Dept.waist sizes start at 34 inches. I take a 30 inch waist, so I had to go to the BOYS' Department.
Second, when I got there, the "shorts" were half pants that went down below my knees. How in the hell is that supposed to keep someone cool in the summertime?
I'd rather just wear jeans and suffer. This is the most stupid fashion I've seen. Summer clothing is supposed to be designed to keep you very cool. Half-pants don't keep you cool. They still make you sweat through your underwear.

If you look at these photos of Matthew McConaughey (who may be cast to play Magnum PI in a movie) from today, side-by-side with the hunky Tom Selleck as Magnum PI from the 1980s, Matthew is wearing those Stupid "Half-Pants." Meanwhile, Tom is wearing what really should be "Shorts." I hope these dumb designers bring back shorts that are comfortable and sensible like those Tom Selleck used to wear. At least they keep you cool when its 90F outside. I'm unsure where those stupid-half pants came from, but they need to disappear forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy