Wednesday, April 22, 2009

FDA Confirms Probe of NUTRO Pet Food Deaths, Illnesses


Amber from Wolf Creek Weimaraner Rescue (where Dolly was adopted from) emailed this story to me today. We DO feed Dolly and Franklin Nutro, and last week, Franklin DID throw up several times (as the article mentions...)
FDA Confirms Probe of NUTRO Pet Food Deaths, Illnesses
By Lisa Wade McCormick ConsumerAffairs.com
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has confirmed that the agency is investigating NUTRO pet food, following a series of unexplained illnesses and deaths. Consumers have been complaining for more than two years that their pets have become ill after eating NUTRO products; many have recovered when they were switched to other foods. The company has steadfastly denied that its food is to blame.
ConsumerAffairs.com continues to receive complaints about NUTRO from dog and cat owners nationwide. In the past year, we’ve received nearly 500 complaints from pet owners who say their dogs or cats suddenly became ill after eat NUTRO. The problems these pets have experienced are similar: vomiting, diarrhea, and other digestive issues.
Most of the complaints mirror one received last week from Linda P. of New Baltimore, Michigan. “For three years, I have been feeding my dog NUTRO Natural Choice Lamb Meal & Rice Formula Small Bites Dry Dog Food,” she said. “The last bag I bought, I notice the food color was lighter than in the past. Me being who I am, I believed there was a changed in formula for the better. My Dachshund/Lab became ill, vomiting food chunks and yellow bile as well. FULL ARTICLE:http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2009/04/nutro_foia.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy