Friday, November 7, 2008

Okay, now I'm really done with them

This article was on CNN today, about how the Catholic and Mormon Churches poured tons of money and campaigning into removing the marriage rights of the gay people in California. Hatred is NOT what Christ taught. So, I'm officially saying in print that I am totally DONE with the Catholic Church. Hateful, hateful, hateful. There is NO excuse for this horrendous behavior. I'm furious at the Church that I grew up in and gave so much time, effort and money to support. They've let me down.
As for this quote: "Proposition 8 is not against any group in our society. (BULL@#&$!!!) Its sole focus is on preserving God's plan for people living upon this earth throughout time," Cardinal Roger Mahony, archbishop of the Diocese of Los Angeles said. He's simply an ass. He, like the other hateful, bigoted, nasty, selfish people need to go. Can you tell that I'm really ticked over this?


CATHOLICS, MORMONS DEFEND BACKING SAME-SEX MARRIAGE BAN
The Roman Catholic Church and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
insisted Thursday that their support for a proposition to ban same-sex
marriage in California did not target any group.
... FULL STORY: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/06/state.laws/index.html

SO... now, LEGAL ANALYST: SAME-SEX MARRIAGE AGAIN IN LIMBO
California voters on Tuesday appear to have approved Proposition 8, a measure
banning same-sex marriage in the state.
... FULL STORY: http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/06/hostin.qanda/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy