Friday, November 28, 2008

Dolly Says: Today is My Birthday! I'm 4 Years Old!

(PICTURE: me!)
Today, November 29, 2008 is my fourth birthday. In dog years, that makes me 24. Yes, for the first 2 years of a dog's life it's 7 human years each, then all the rest are 5 human years for each doggy year. :) See how smart weimaraners are?
I'm Dolly Loretta Gutro-Williams. I'm 4 today, and have 2 great daddies, Tom and Rob, and a great brother, Franklin, although he ocassionally steals food from my bowl when I'm not looking! We eat, sleep, go on walks, and to doggy daycare and play together. Life wasn't always this good, though.
I was born out of a litter of 6 pups, 5 girls and 1 boy. My parents were owned by "breeders" in Atlanta, Georgia. When I was a week old, my momma apparently stepped on a rusty nail and got tetanus, and couldn't feed us pups, so the nasty people dumped us off at a dog shelter in Atlanta. They contacted "Wolf Creek Weimaraner Rescue" in Knoxville, Tennesee, managed by Amber Keirn. What an angel! She and Laura drove to Atlanta and got all of us pups, took us back to Tennessee, bottle fed us and raised us until we were 3 months old, and ready to go to forever homes. That's when Daddy Rob found me on the "Internet." We met March 11th, 2005 when daddy Rob and uncle Jeff drove down so Daddy Rob could adopt me.

{PICTURE: Daddy Rob and I meet for the first time on March 11, 2005)
(March 11th is exactly one week before Franklin's birthday... although Franklin and I wouldn't meet until January 2006 when our daddies introduced us.)
We're celebrating my 4th birthday with a trip to Petsmart and treats, and new toys, walks, and food and fun! Just the way I like it! Happy Birthday to me!
(PICTURE: Our daddies took us to Fort McHenry in Baltimore this summer. We love that place!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy