Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Mom - Always an Adventure

My dad used to say to my mother, "Norma, you don't even have to leave the house to get into trouble." How right he was...and still is! Even though Dad passed away some 3 months ago, his words will always ring true.
My mom decided to go on an errand yesterday and backed her car out of the driveway, right into a police car that was parked directly behindd her driveway. She broke the tail-light and the officer who was actually in the car at the time jumped out and went over to mom. He told her what she had done.
She said that she got out of the car and cussed him out for "parking illegally behind a driveway." She said he was 100% at fault and shouldn't have been there. - I do agree that people should NEVER park behind someone's driveway. That's just asking for trouble. Well, my mother let the officer know it. The officer somehow called the Chief of Police (likely mom asked him to) and the Chief was apparently around the neighborhood. He arrived quickly and asked Mom's name. She told him. The Chief said "Is your son the City Councillor." Mom said she gave attitude and told him "of course." (While I listened to mom (over the phone) tell me how mouthy she was I cringed in embarrassment for my younger brother the councilor). She then said "my other son is in insurance and will straighten everything out." So she marched both of them into her house and called my older brother. She told him how dumb the officer was for parking behind her driveway, then handed the phone to the officer. She said the officer and my brother laughed on the phone for awhile. (I assume my older brother was saying mom is a handfull!)... Anyway, mom is going to pay for the tail light and I bet that officer will never park his car behind her driveway again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy