Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lunchtime when Working at Home: The Poo-Picking Challenge

I work at home a couple of days a week, thankfully, and it really saves commute time, money and mileage. A lot of people are also a lot less hesitant to bother you at home, so I get much more work done! - Anyway, here's what I did on my lunch hour today- yeah, it's not all fun:
1) Made a quick lunch of leftovers and ate in about 10 minutes
2) Took in the recycle bin (it was collected today)
3) Walked the dogs about a mile (took 25 minutes)
4) Put clothes in the dryer (I put them in the wash before I started this morning)
5) Give the dogs snacks /changed their water
AND...
6) Pooper Scooped the Backyard for about 20 minutes!

Let me just say, that I understand why some people pay for this. Regardless, I don't mind doing it, it's just that 1) With LOTS OF FALLEN LEAVES- there's a 90% chance you'll step in something before you see it to pick up (okay, I did. Twice in fact).
2) When you are Color-blind with Greens, Greys, Browns and Reds, like I am- it's very, very difficult to tell the difference between doggie poo, a leaf, dirt, or a pine cone. It's like being in a contest in the "Amazing Race"! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I am

I'm a simple guy who enjoys the simple things in life, especially our dogs. I volunteer for dog rescues, enjoy exercising, blogging, politics, helping friends and neighbors, participating in ghost investigations, coffee, weather, superheroes, comic books, mystery novels, traveling, 70s and 80s music, classic country music,writing books on ghosts and spirits, cooking simply and keeping in shape. You'll find tidbits of all of these things on this blog and more. EMAIL me at Rgutro@gmail.com - Rob

A Classic Country Music Station to Enjoy